[petsc-dev] petsc patch number

Kong, Fande fande.kong at inl.gov
Wed Apr 19 10:26:26 CDT 2017

Thanks for your email.  Sorry for late reply.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 10:20 PM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

> Individual commits are not strictly ordered.  'maint' does not get API
> changes.  What are you trying to test for?  Presence of a bug fix?

Yes, I am going to test for the bug fix.

There is a test system on the moose-side. We usually test all examples
against one or two versions of PETSc, (PETSc-3.7.5 and/or PETSc-3.6.4,
right now). The PETSc is precompiled and sits in the test system.  Now,
there is a bug fix for superlu_dist in the current patched petsc. We want
to test SOME of examples (not all of them) against the current patched
petsc (the version number is still the same, 3.7.5). In a test file, we
have something like "petsc_version= x.x.x " to tell the test system which
version of petsc we want to use.  But now, I can not distinguish the petsc
with the broken superlu_dist and the current patched petsc by using the
petsc version number.

Any suggestions?

Fande,