[petsc-dev] exascale applications and PETSc usefulness

Oxberry, Geoffrey Malcolm oxberry1 at llnl.gov
Mon Sep 26 18:36:27 CDT 2016

That description reads like stochastic programming, of which there have been multiple papers recently on adaptive (e.g., in Trilinos/ROL) or parallel algorithms. Having that capability would probably support some work MCS is already doing. Mihai’s published papers in this area, for instance. If TAO were to do something in this area, it would be compelling.