[petsc-dev] what happened to RAP timers?

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Mon Sep 5 04:19:08 CDT 2016

Barry,

THis code looks to me like it should work, but it does not seem to. What
code were you looking at?

  ierr = PetscOptionsGetBool(NULL,NULL,"-matrap",&rap,NULL);CHKERRQ(ierr);
  if (scall == MAT_INITIAL_MATRIX) {
    ierr = PetscLogEventBegin(MAT_PtAPSymbolic,A,P,0,0);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    if (rap) { /* do R=P^T locally, then C=R*A*P */
      ierr = MatPtAPSymbolic_MPIAIJ_MPIAIJ(A,P,fill,C);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    } else {       /* do P^T*A*P */
      ierr = MatPtAPSymbolic_MPIAIJ_MPIAIJ_ptap(A,P,fill,C);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    }
    ierr = PetscLogEventEnd(MAT_PtAPSymbolic,A,P,0,0);CHKERRQ(ierr);
  }
  ierr = PetscLogEventBegin(MAT_PtAPNumeric,A,P,0,0);CHKERRQ(ierr);
  ierr = (*(*C)->ops->ptapnumeric)(A,P,*C);CHKERRQ(ierr);
  ierr = PetscLogEventEnd(MAT_PtAPNumeric,A,P,0,0);CHKERRQ(ierr);