[petsc-dev] Matt, existence of PetscOptionsFindPairPrefix_Private()

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 19 21:04:25 CDT 2016

  Matt,

   In commit 514bf10d you introduced PetscOptionsFindPairPrefix_Private() I don't understand how Prefix distinguishes it from PetscOptionsFindPair_Private() in terms of what it does and why it has so much code duplication? You used it just in fieldsplit.c

   It uses PetscStrncmp while PetscOptionsFindPair_Private  uses PetscStrcasecmp  which seems inconsistent. It skips all the handling of _%d_ stuff in the options, that seems the main difference, did you want to skip this just for efficiency or because that broke something?

   Could you explain why it exists? I would like to get rid of it (if this requires an additional argument to PetscOptionsFindPair_Private() that is better than the diverging duplicate code.)

   Thanks