[petsc-dev] strangness in Chebyshev estimate of eigenvalues

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 25 17:49:29 CDT 2016

On Wed, 25 May 2016, Mark Adams wrote:

> > BTW: Its suspicious that you have to modify so many output files
> > [other than ones corresponding to ex56]
> >

> [and other cheby tests, GAMG sets cheby by default]
>

> > for ex:
> >  src/ksp/ksp/examples/tests/output/ex19_2.out       |  20 +-
> >
> This example does not use 'cheby' - but still you have to modify this file?
> >

> Yea, I don't why I seem to have changed that one in the update.  I think it
> just looked like a small change that was not meaningful.

Mark,

I ran 'alltest' for master - and 'mark/snes-ex56c' reverted some
output file changes that shouldn't have been made [and some makefile
changes] - and added one additional one that shows diffs.

./configure --download-metis --download-parmetis --download-ml --download-hypre && make all && make alltests

Now 'alltests' on both the builds are clean.

Perhaps you might want to squash it over your previous commit.

balay at asterix /home/balay/petsc (mark/snes-ex56c=)
$ git show --stat
commit de5b8799cd0a11f4f29509c734740989b1011107
Author: Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov>
Date:   Wed May 25 17:42:51 2016 -0500

    revert unneded changes [in makefiles] - and example output files  (ex26)
    Also add a needed change in ex43_6.out

 src/ksp/ksp/examples/tests/output/ex26_1.out     | 14 +++++++++-----
 src/ksp/ksp/examples/tests/output/ex26_2.out     | 17 ++++++++++++-----
 src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/makefile          | 13 +++++++------
 src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/output/ex43_6.out | 43 ++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 src/ts/examples/tutorials/makefile               |  2 +-
<<<<<<<<<

Barry [Jed or Matt] would still need to review this PR - before merge to next.

thanks,
Satish