[petsc-dev] strangness in Chebyshev estimate of eigenvalues

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 25 15:22:59 CDT 2016

On Wed, 25 May 2016, Satish Balay wrote:

> On Wed, 25 May 2016, Satish Balay wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 25 May 2016, Mark Adams wrote:
> >
> > > I'm doing an all test right now, what should I do after that?
> >
> > You have a PR on this branch. It gets automatically updated with all
> > the changes on it.
> >
> > You can add in a comment saying - "its again ready for review".
> >
> > Someone [usually Barry or Jed or Matt] would raise concerns - or merge
> > it to 'next' for you.. [and once the 'next' builds/example runs are
> > clean - they would merge to master]
> >
> > However if there are concerns - you might have to do more
> > fixes/rebases etc..
>
> BTW: Its suspicious that you have to modify so many output files
> [other than ones corresponding to ex56]
>
> for ex:
>  src/ksp/ksp/examples/tests/output/ex19_2.out       |  20 +-
>
> This example does not use 'cheby' - but still you have to modify this file?

Here is my guess:

You were merging 'next' into 'mark/snes-ex56c' - and had all failures
in 'next' show up in your testing in 'mark/snes-ex56c'

And perhaps you assumed all these failures were due to your changes -
and started fixing the output files (of examples that were not related
to your changes) that showed diffs..

Satish