[petsc-dev] strangness in Chebyshev estimate of eigenvalues

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 25 14:42:30 CDT 2016

On Wed, 25 May 2016, Mark Adams wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> > Yeah - Sorry - bad copy/paste gave the wrong commit-id.
> >
> > Here this the process you would normally follow [without gitk]
> >
> gitk works but it opens Wish.  Can I squash in Wish?

I use gitk only to find the 'starting-commit-id' easily. [not to squash]

Yeah 'git rebase -i master' looks much easier but you have to be aware
that it does some extra work (git rebase master) than 'git rebase -i
starting-commit-id' (just offer to squash/modify commits).

> Anyway, your rebase below worked, I got the list, squashed all but two
> messages and it seemed to work:

great!

> Successfully rebased and updated refs/heads/mark/snes-ex56c.
> 12:32 mark/snes-ex56c<> ~/Codes/petsc/src/ts/examples/tutorials$
>
> So now I just want to do a 'git push -f', right?

yes. [since we are pretty sure - no one pushed commits to this branch
- that would have required 'git pull --rebase']

Satish