[petsc-dev] strangness in Chebyshev estimate of eigenvalues

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 24 22:25:48 CDT 2016

On Tue, 24 May 2016, Jed Brown wrote:

> Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
> >> I checked Barry's commits and saw the mark/snes-ex56b and picked it in
> >> mark/snes-ex56c.
> >
> > Ok - this suggests I should revert 'mark/snes-ex56b' merge from next.
> > But there are other things in next that shouldn't be there [and that
> > makes it difficult to track where the breakages in next are coming
> > from..
>
> I would be in favor of either rewinding 'next' or reverting all of
> Mark's stuff (if you can identify well enough), then rebasing his branch
> so it's not such a mess.

Its easy enough for me to rewind next. All in 'integrator group' would
have to delete/fetch/recreate 'next' branch in their clones - thats
the difficult part of rewinding next..

I should perhaps lock 'next' for some time when I rewind it.. [and
then unlock gradually as folks confirm they deleted 'next' from their
local clones..]

Satish