[petsc-dev] strangness in Chebyshev estimate of eigenvalues

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon May 23 23:12:43 CDT 2016

Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> writes:
> I am merging master more than I need to, just to be up to date.  I guess it
> pollutes the history with all these merges.  And I should squash them...

You shouldn't merge from 'master' unless you need something specific,
and in that case, write a commit message explaining what it is that you
need.  You can rebase at will (before publishing your branch), but it's
generally fine to just work in your branch and ignore what is happening
in other branches.

The rationale is explained in detail at the links in this section.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/wiki/developer-instructions-git#markdown-header-merging