[petsc-dev] SNESVISetVariableBounds

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun May 15 16:47:49 CDT 2016

> On May 15, 2016, at 1:04 PM, Munson, Todd <tmunson at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>

> I would argue that they should only be members for SNESVI.

   The problem with that approach is that if someone calls SNESVISetXXX() but uses NEWTONLS then the bounds would be ignored while the user likely expects them to be used and hence gets upset that they get the "wrong" answer. This is why we ended up putting error checks in all the methods that do not use bounds.

   Barry