[petsc-dev] WTF

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 29 21:29:29 CDT 2016

   Who are these people and why to they have this webpage?

    Almost for sure they are doing no process binding and no proper assignment of processes to memory domains. In addition they are likely filling up all the cores on the first node before adding processes to the second core etc. If the studies had been done properly there should be very little fail off on the strong scaling in going from 1 to 2 to 4 processes and even beyond. Similarly the huge fail off in going from 4 to 8 to 16 would not occur for weak scaling.

   Barry