[petsc-dev] MatMFFDSetType

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jun 26 20:30:22 CDT 2016

hi

Sorry, I realise now I was barking up the wrong tree in trying to use
MatMFFDSetType().

What I'm actually looking for is just the equivalent of setting the
command line option "-mat_fd_type ds" as default in my code- for an
ordinary Jacobian matrix, not for a matrix-free method.

The doc page on MatFDColoringSetFromOptions():

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/MatFD/MatFDColoringSetFromOptions.html

mentions setting the fd type to 'wp' or 'ds', and links to pages about
MATMFFD_WP and MATMFFD_DS, which is probably where I started going astray.

How do I do the equivalent of setting the option "-mat_fd_type ds" in my
code? There is MatMFFDSetType() for MATMFFD, but doesn't seem to be
anything like a plain MatFDSetType().

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher