[petsc-dev] asm / gasm

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Fri Jun 24 01:35:02 CDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 11:46 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    Mark,
>
>     It is not as simple as this to convert to ASM. It will take a little
> bit of work to use ASM here instead of GASM.

Just to be clear: ASM used to work.  Did the semantics of ASM change?

>     But before that please please tell me the command line argument and
> example you use where the GASM crashes so I can get that fixed. Then I will
> look at using ASM instead after I have the current GASM code running again.

In branch mark/gamg-agg-asm in ksp ex56, 'make runex56':

14:12 nid00495  ~/petsc/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials$ make runex56

[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc has generated inconsistent data

[0]PETSC ERROR: MPI_Allreduce() called in different locations (code lines)
on different processors
[0]PETSC ERROR: See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html for
trouble shooting.
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Development GIT revision: v3.7.2-633-g4f88208  GIT
Date: 2016-06-23 18:53:31 +0200
[0]PETSC ERROR:
/global/u2/m/madams/petsc/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/./ex56 on a
arch-xc30-dbg64-intel named nid00495 by madams Thu Jun 23 14:12:57 2016

[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure options --COPTFLAGS="-no-ipo -g -O0"
--CXXOPTFLAGS="-no-ipo -g -O0" --FOPTFLAGS="-fast -no-ipo -g -O0"
--download-parmetis --download-metis --with-ssl=0 --with-cc=cc
--with-clib-autodetect=0 --with-cxx=CC --with-cxxlib-autodetect=0
--with-debugging=1 --with-fc=0 --with-shared-libraries=0 --with-x=0
--with-mpiexec=srun LIBS=-lstdc++ --with-64-bit-indices
PETSC_ARCH=arch-xc30-dbg64-intel

[0]PETSC ERROR: #1 MatGetSubMatrices_MPIAIJ() li