[petsc-dev] PETSc "testing" infrastructure

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Sat Jun 18 03:02:10 CDT 2016

> El 17 jun 2016, a las 0:18, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> escribió:
>

>   There is a lot going on currently to enhance the PETSc "testing" infrastructure; in particular Lisandro has begun to set up stuff on both github and bitbucket.
>
>   I've update the PETSc "Dashboard" for testing at ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/index.html with more links and a bit more context so people can understand it better. I would like links to other high-level packages testing dashboards such as SLEPc so if you know any send them to me.
>
>   Here "testing" does not just mean running the test suite but also means collecting gcov information, running static analyzers on the code, running with valgrind, controlling symbol visibility and anything else you can think of that helps detect bugs and flaws in the software. For example tools that automatically check that all visible symbols had manual pages and reported problems, manual pages were complete, etc would be good additions. Currently we rely to much on the kindness of strangers who report bugs in our documentation.
>
>   Comments, input?
>
>   Barry
>
> Currently this file is under RCS on the MCS filesystem, if others would like to contribute to it I'll put it under git at bitbucket.

The SLEPc nightly tests can be found here:
  http://slepc.upv.es/buildbot
Go for instance to the "Grid" page and check the last column.
The builds use petsc-master and slepc-next.

One of the builds uses gcov, the result can be seen here:
  http://slepc.upv.es/buildbot/coverage

I plan to clean/improve/add tests in the next months.
Jose