[petsc-dev] Contribution proposal about the application of PCShell as left and right preconditioner

Patrick Sanan patrick.sanan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 15:27:46 CST 2016

Does something like the following not work to make a PR? I'm not a dev
but I assume it would be more convenient to have your changes there
for comment.

- on the bitbucket website, make your own public fork of petsc, which
ends up at https://bitbucket.org/mybbusername/petsc/
- If you haven't done so, get a local petsc repo tracking the main petsc repo
    git clone https://psanan@bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc.git
- add your fork as a second remote to your local petsc repo
    cd petsc
    git remote add myfork git at bitbucket.org:mybbusername/petsc.git
- make a branch for the PR
    git checkout master
    git pull
    git checkout -b mybbusername/mybranchname
 - apply your patch
    git am 0001-my-patch-name.patch
- Push the new branch to your fork
    git push -u myfork mybbusername/mybranchname
- on the bitbucket website for you fork, find your new branch and
create a PR (to master) back to the main petsc repo