[petsc-dev] MEMALIGN

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Aug 22 20:58:08 CDT 2016

Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> writes:
> Not hard. We just add a flag to each value that is flipped on lookup,
> like PETSc.

It would be nice to be able to offer suggestions for options that
BuildSystem queries.  For that, we need the set of command line options
and the set of options that BuildSystem checked.  We can get that by
having RDict implement __missing__(self, key) to consult an immutable
dict of the direct command line options and logging the query.

Is it feasible to check all the options by some point meaningfully
sooner than the entire configure execution?  It really sucks to wait
many minutes for configure to complete only to find out that you
misspelled an option.  Getting that error message up-front would be a
huge usability improvement.