[petsc-dev] Quad precision and external libraries

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Aug 22 14:39:30 CDT 2016

>    I never proposed a particular approach to denote what is supported;
>    I certainly didn't suggest we should use several boolean. I wasn't
>    aware that "reworked" was defined as "use a bunch of booleans".

Sorry, I wasn't really replying to. Rather, I was saying that this
change fits a common pattern of mistakes that have been made in the
distant past and that denoting sets as sets should be a routine fix.
Note that we are still using a fairly confusing set of booleans in the
CPP macros (e.g., as seen in petscmath.h).