[petsc-dev] Scalar data

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 12:11:37 CST 2015

I had many requests from the class to put scalar data into the log_summary.
We were generating many summaries using a Python script, which then read
them back in as modules and processed the results. We could not
automatically get things like the error, which had to be parsed from the
output.

I think allowing users to put scalar data in there would be a good thing.
Thoughts?