[petsc-dev] gamg regression

Stephan Kramer s.kramer at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jun 18 05:20:15 CDT 2015

On 17/06/15 21:09, Mark Adams wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> There are two problems: 1) GAMG is not setting PREONLY & 2) PCSetup_MG
> sets the coarse grid KSP, with bjacobi/lu, to GMRES.  I have made a pull
> request in to fix this.
>
> You seem to be destroying the PC with PCDestroy (or KSPDestroy).  Is
> that right?

Hm not entirely sure what you mean. We destroy the KSP (and thus the PC)
after the solve, yes - but that's in any of the lines I gave you.

> Can you please test this and see if works, without your fix?
>
>   'git fetch; git checkout mark/gamg-crs',

Great! That fixes everything for me: it uses KSP+PREONLY for mg_coarse
by default again and I can also override it with -mg_coarse_ksp_type

Thanks a lot for fixing this
Cheers
Stephan