[petsc-dev] Meaning of /*I ... I*/ formatted comments

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 16 09:03:17 CDT 2015

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, Patrick Sanan wrote:

> What's the meaning of formatted comments like the following (from cg.c)? I
> would guess this is used by sowing, but I can't find a good source of
> documentation.
>
> This info might be added to the developer's guide (which also has an
> outdated link to info on sowing) - I could make a patch or branch based on
> the answer to this question.
>
> #include <../src/ksp/ksp/impls/cg/cgimpl.h>       /*I "petscksp.h" I*/

This is used primarily by bfort [part of sowing] for fortran stub
generation - and and says - the fortran stub for the routines in
cg.c - i.e ftn-auto/cgf.c whould need the follwing include statement.

#include "petscksp.h"

[looks like there is no ftn-auto/cgf.c - as none of these routines
require a fortran interface - but you can look at cgtype.c and
ftn-auto/cgtypef.c]

Satish