[petsc-dev] memory leak

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 1 09:59:04 CDT 2015

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015, Mark Adams wrote:

> Let me summarize what I did (and showed the raw output in my original
> email) on a branch named master that is from a relatively new clone:
>
> > git pull origin master

If you are on 'master' then you would just do a 'git pull'

Are you sure you are on master?

> > git status --> 7 commits ahead of master
> > git commit ...  // first commit of mine on this clone
> > git status --> 8 commits ahead of master
>
> So it looks like I have 7 mystery commits but I did not do them.  How did
> they get there?  What are they?  I may have checkout maint in this clone,
> but I did not create any branches.

To see what the local commits are - You would do:

git fetch # this way origin/master is the latest
git log origin/master..master
or
gitk origin/master..master

We can't really guess - you would have to check what you have [and how
they got created..]

Satish