[petsc-dev] --output-sync for nightly builds so that warnings can be parsed

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 30 13:20:18 CDT 2015

Barry,

This flag is a gnumake-4.0+ feature. We currently use gnumake-3.81 as
the minimum version [OSX defaults to this version and will never
upgrade due to GPL3 issue].

For now - I've:
-  updated --download-make to default to gnumake-4.1
-  if configure detects gnumake =>4.0 - it sets "--output-sync=recurse" flag.
-  switched linux-cxx-cmplx-pkgs-64idx to use --download-make

And we can switch selected builds [as needed] to --download-make - but
not all builds.

Satish