[petsc-dev] Julia Petsc Wrapper

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 12:04:50 CDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Jared Crean <jcrean01 at gmail.com> wrote:

>      Hello everyone,
>         I got the package in a reasonably working state and Travis testing
> setup, so I am putting the package up on Github.
>
>         https://github.com/JaredCrean2/PETSc.jl
>
>         There is still a lot more work to do, but its a start.
>
>         A couple questions:
>         When looking though the code, I noticed the MPI communicator is
> being passed as a 64 bit integer.  mpi.h typedefs it as an int, so
> shouldn't it be a 32 bit integer?

Some MPI implementations store the communicator as a pointer, which may be
64 bits. I think the only thing the standard says is
that MPI_Comm should be defined.

>         Also, is there a way to find out at runtime what datatype a
> PetscScalar is?  It appears PetscDataTypeGetSize does not accept
> PetscScalar as an argument.

If PETSC_USE_COMPLEX is defined its PETSC_COMPLEX, otherwise its
PETSC_REAL. You can also just use sizeof(PetscScalar). What do you
want to do?