[petsc-dev] Julia Petsc Wrapper

Patrick Sanan patrick.sanan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 04:59:24 CDT 2015

I had a couple of brief discussions about this at Juliacon as well. I think
it would be useful, but there are a couple of things to think about from
the start of any new attempt to do this:
1. As Jack pointed out, one issue is that the PETSc library must be
compiled for a particular precision. This raises some questions - should
several versions of the library be built to allow for flexibility?
2. An issue with wrapping PETSc is always that the flexibility of using the
PETSc options paradigm is reduced - how can this be addressed? Could/should
an expert user be able to access the options database directly, or would
this be too much violence to the wrapper abstraction?