[petsc-dev] Saving monitor information

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 7 16:19:24 CST 2015

  Yucko. I hate the added complexity of two types of monitors. Since the DM can always be obtained from the solver why can't the current API be good enough. Just in the first line of the monitor you do KSP/SNES/TSGetDM() and now you have access to the DM and can do anything you want. Seems terrible to add to the API just to avoid that single call?

  Barry