[petsc-dev] Seeking OLCF users complaining about poor build times

Nathan Collier nathaniel.collier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:20:14 CST 2015

Barry,

No problem.

No packages / master and on /ccs/home/nate

[nate at titan] time python no_packages.py
real 41m38.700s
user 1m50.075s
sys 1m30.034s

[nate at titan] time make all
real 9m4.977s
user 5m56.686s
sys 28m22.310s

In addition to a much slower configure time, the home areas are not
accessible to batch submissions. So without the reconfigure script, I could
not do a full build from home.

Nate