[petsc-dev] Seeking OLCF users complaining about poor build times

Nathan Collier nathaniel.collier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 22:00:26 CST 2015

> They never told you to do compiles on particular file systems or
anything?  For example did they ever say DON'T compile on the lustre file
system?

I have not received any guidance about where to or not to compile. A quick
perusing of the user guide doesn't make that clear to me. If it isn't
already obvious, I am far from a Titan expert :)

Do you know someone here at ORNL who I can talk to to make sure I am not
missing something silly?

> Perhaps the 52m 'sys' time could be luster overhead

It could be, I have heard a lot of complaints about this from people who
need to write output or read from files in their applications.

Nate