[petsc-dev] 4e9ba7ee src/ts/interface/ts.c (Matthew Knepley 2014-04-08 14:37:03 -0500 2627) ierr = VecViewFromOptions(ts->vec_sol, ((PetscObject) ts)->prefix, "-ts_view_solution"); CHKERRQ(ierr);

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 6 16:00:41 CST 2015

  Matt,

     This line most definitively does not belong here. You are using  -xx_view option as a monitor. The -xx_view options are  only allowed after a complete solve, not while chugging along. I am removing it in master, this may break some of your stuff but you will need to fix it some other way. Something that is run every step belongs in a monitor, absolutely not in a -xx_view . Not also that users should almost never be calling TSStep(), I am changing the manual page to make that clearer.