[petsc-dev] Deprecated MPI functions

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Feb 5 13:05:43 CST 2015

Folks, these warnings are really noisy.  It has been 18 years since
MPI-2 was published.  Who does not have an MPI-2.0 implementation
available?

If we have to pay the cost of maintaining compatibility with MPI-1 when
most users have MPI-3 implementations, I'd like to know who specifically
is holding us up so that I can publicly shame them.