[petsc-dev] provider stuff in package.py

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 30 16:40:19 CDT 2014

  This does not belong in package.py, where does it belong?

  def checkNoOptFlag(self):
    flag = '-O0'
    if self.setCompilers.checkCompilerFlag(flag): return flag
    return ''

  def getSharedFlag(self,cflags):
    for flag in ['-PIC', '-fPIC', '-KPIC', '-qpic']:
      if cflags.find(flag) >=0: return flag
    return ''

  def getPointerSizeFlag(self,cflags):
    for flag in ['-m32', '-m64', '-xarch=v9','-q64']:
      if cflags.find(flag) >=0: return flag
    return ''

  def getWindowsNonOptFlags(self,cflags):
    outflags = []
    for flag in cflags.split():
      if flag in ['-MT','-MTd','-MD','-MDd','-threads']:
        outflags.append(flag)
    return ' '.join(out flags)

  And having a Windows and Not Windows functions for Opt flags in the API is disgraceful.

   Barry