[petsc-dev] regarding unwinding next branch.

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 15 20:55:31 CDT 2014

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>

> >    Ok, get it out of next then, whatever it is.
> >

> If next gets rewound, then this will happen automatically. I am asking
> Satish.

I was hoping Jed would do it :). [Lot of old branches in next won't
merge into a new next anymore..]

Per last discussion - we would wait until some of the branches in next
would graduate.

But I'm ok with doing the following immediately.

<backup current next>
git checkout next
git checkout -b next-pre-3.5.2
git push -u origin next-pre-3.5.2

<create new next>
git branch -D next
git checkout master
git checkout -d master

<send out the list of known branches in next-pre-3.5.2 - that are not yet in master>

Request individual owners of the feature branches do the 'merge'
(again) to next themselves.

Satish