[petsc-dev] change default KSP max iterations

Richard Mills rtm at utk.edu
Tue Oct 14 02:56:29 CDT 2014

I've seen many cases where 250 iterations is not necessarily an indicator
of anything being wrong.  But, yes, 10K is ridiculous.  Why not set the
default max to 1000?  That's an order of magnitude lower than the current
default but is unlikely (I think) to cause people to start seeing puzzling
failures in codes that previously worked OK with the current default.

--Richard