[petsc-dev] RFC: allow setting flags via environment variables

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 9 17:47:19 CDT 2014

  Sean,

   We definitely want to support this ability (in our new quest to be more standards friendly, since we can’t ask others to follow standards if we don’t).

   Ideally BuildSystem would just know it is a package build and use those variables. Are there any special environment variables that only packagers use that we could detect to turn on this feature?

   Thanks

   Barry