[petsc-dev] [petsc-users] petsc git next branch *is* unwound!

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 2 17:33:02 CDT 2014

You would have to delete both 'next' and 'wdn_mods_next' branches from
all your clones - and recreate them.

Wrt recreating 'next' [as indicated in my previous e-mail] the
following should be sufficient:

git fetch origin  # add the extra option 'origin' because you have multiple remotes
git checkout next

Wrt recreating wdn_mods_next - presumably you have 'wdn_mods' in some
local branch - that you keep arround that you merge to next to get
wdn_mods_next..

git checkout next
git checkout -b wdn_mods_next
git merge wdn_mods

If not - perhaps you can cherry/pick/rebase as needed.

Or you can create it by merging 'wdn_mods_master' into 'next'
[assuming the 'wdn_mods' part is same for all the 3 branches]

git checkout next
git checkout -b wdn_mods_next
git merge wdn_mods_master

Satish