[petsc-dev] Using petsc4py in notebooks

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 06:53:28 CST 2014

Our output needs some overhauling to operate nicely here:

  a) ALL monitors need to take the type:file:format:mode form argument.
-snes_monitor
      does but -ksp_monitor does not

  b) PetscObjectViewFromOptions() has a static variable to shuts it off
after any error
      so long running processes are hosed. I would like to make any error
in that short
      function jump to a label which sets incall = PETSC_FALSE and then
calls CHKERRQ

  c) The converged_reason options need to take the ::: argument

Comments?