[petsc-dev]   How to compose a git URL for going through 2 machines

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Nov 6 14:13:09 CST 2014

"Nystrom, William David" <wdn at lanl.gov> writes:

> Checked in to this a bit and the version of openssh being used in
> my situation is 5.3.x and is not something I can control.

Dave, insistence on restricting the network and refusal to upgrade are
choices made by LANL.  Those choices have a very real cost, but that
cost should be borne by the organization making those decisions, not the
broader PETSc development community.  Use netcat if need be, etc., but
above all, please make the organization feel the cost of those
decisions.  If the cost is not visible, such policies tend to grow
unchecked, ultimately wasting everyone's time.