[petsc-dev] automatically updated git sample repositories

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 23 11:13:41 CDT 2014

On May 22, 2014, at 10:50 PM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

>>   The examples will be in the same place they have always been. The
>>   only thing that can go wrong is the simple makefile, since it is
>>   simple that is unlikely. Plus they will be different makefiles for
>>   only a short time.
>>
>>   Your plan introduces a new place for examples, a place that has
>>   always failed in the past. Yes this does not prove it will fail
>>   next time but I do expect the sun to rise tomorrow.
>
> You already have src/ts/examples/tutorials/advection-diffusion-reaction/.
>
> Why not src/ts/examples/tutorials/starter/ ?

   I miss understood. I thought you meant  petsc/tutorials or something.

   Something like this might work.

  We have

   xxx/examples/tests/
   xxx/examples/tutorials/

  add

   xxx/examples/prototypes   or examples/clonable or examples/???

   or I guess even xxx/examples/tutorials/prototypes or clonable or something is ok.