[petsc-dev] automatically updated git sample repositories

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu May 22 22:00:21 CDT 2014

>> I proposed putting them in a different place because we don't want those
>> big makefiles.
>
>    NO NO NO you misunderstand. The mini repositories would have
>    mirrored source code but NOT mirrored makefiles, they would have
>    simple makefiles.

Why do you want different makefiles in the different repos?

This is technically achievable, but I think we still have to worry about
people copying the example out of the source tree into ClearCase,
running ACME Eye Drops, and sending us winmail.dat.  One less layer to
unwrap if the makefile is the same in both places.