[petsc-dev] automatically updated git sample repositories

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu May 22 21:37:11 CDT 2014

>    I’ve tried several times over the years to have a “higher quality”
>    examples elsewhere then the usual subdirectory spots and it has
>    always failed with dead unmaintained outdated code. Can we have
>    links in git (and the tar ball) from the examples to to this
>    “special directory”.

I proposed putting them in a different place because we don't want those
big makefiles.  In fact, I would rather assume that GNU make works so
that we can have auto-dependencies and stuff (i.e., so the examples can
grow to multiple files in a graceful manner).

>    We need to have both structured and unstructured (plex) examples
>    for each. Why is that confusing?

Because the unstructured examples would change every day?