[petsc-dev] fortran compiler option

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 21 16:48:32 CDT 2014

On May 21, 2014, at 4:17 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 May 2014, Barry Smith wrote:
>

> I've added this option and pushed to next [for now]
> https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/5410928270298035282f027b2c1f9416831ec283

   Thanks

> However - I would prefer the PETSc *.F90 sources/examples to be
> universal [wrt this 132/no-char-limit freeform] - simialr to our .F
> sources/examples [which comply with both fixed/free form].

   Yes, I would like this as well. (with possibly 1 or 2 true free form examples “for fun”).

   I just don’t users (which includes me) to have to hunt down the “true” freeform compiler option and figure out how to feed it to PETSc each time they do a configure. (Because I want all sane end users to use “true” freeform.)

   Barry