[petsc-dev] suggestion for web - documentation processing

Václav Hapla vaclav.hapla at vsb.cz
Mon May 12 09:21:37 CDT 2014

I think it's quite difficult to find a manual about documentation
processing tool used with PETSc when someone (like me) wants to write
documentation to their code in PETSc style. I for instance hadn't
understand first, what +.- signs mean in argument lists.

Perhaps just adding link like this
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/homes/wgropp/projects/software/sowing/doctext.pdf
to Developers Site and Developers Manual would help.

(It took me quite a while to even figure out a proper google query to
find the abovementioned pdf. Note that from my viewpoint it is even
unclear from PETSc website that it is sowing syntax - I was searching
c2html documentation first).

Thanks,
Vaclav