[petsc-dev] [petsc-users] Override PETSc compile options

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Fri May 9 08:00:36 CDT 2014

Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
> At that time  - there was a percieved problem that got adressed.
>
> If the naming schme was not consistant with a 'prefered' scheme - I guess it can be fixed.
>
> No one [on the user side] used it or cared about it in past many years.

I try to write project makefiles that are agnostic to external
libraries, rather than including PETSc "rules" (which I think are
terrible).  These end up looking really fragmented when I define

  MYPROJ_CFLAGS = $(PCC_FLAGS)
  MYPROJ_CPPFLAGS = $(CCPPFLAGS)
  MYPROJ_CC = $(PCC)
  MYPROJ_CCLD = $(PCC_LINKER)