[petsc-dev] Fwd: [petsc-users] questions about the SNES Function Norm

Peter Brune prbrune at gmail.com
Thu May 1 13:32:46 CDT 2014

Yeah that bit of interface can most likely go away entirely.
 SNESSet/GetFunctionNorm is barely used in the code and can be mostly
replaced with calls to VecNorm().  It's odd that snes->norm isn't the same
as the norm of the function at the end of an iteration, but is of course
totally possible given the multitude of potential exit conditions.  Actual
output would, you know, be helpful in diagnosing what exactly's going on
instead of forcing us to stab blindly into the dark.

- Peter