[petsc-dev] We need to cleanup viewers

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:23:05 CDT 2014

1) IS was silently ignoring viewers it did not support. I suspect other
pieces are
     doing this as well. Is this what we want?

    I cannot think of a reason not to throw an error for unrecognized
viewers.

2) We need to rationalize behavior with conditionally compiled viewers

    Jed proposes a registration process. A simpler, but uglier solution is
    protect the dispatch call and speciailzed view function with #ifdef and
    provide an error at the dispatch point.

We should decide what to do and convert everything in one set.