[petsc-dev] PetscFinalize broken with -options_table ?

Václav Hapla vaclav.hapla at vsb.cz
Tue Mar 11 09:27:25 CDT 2014

FWICS PetscFinalize in petsc-current contains the following bug.
It calls
PetscObjectRegisterDestroyAll()
and after that, if -options_table is present, it calls
PetscViewerASCIIGetStdout(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,&viewer);
PetscOptionsView(viewer);
causing
[0]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type!
[0]PETSC ERROR: Only supports ASCII viewer!
because the viewer is destroyed already by PetscObjectRegisterDestroyAll.

I haven't tested petsc-dev but I can see in it's the same situation in
the pinit.c source.

Best regards,
Vaclav

--