[petsc-dev] Possible bugs when using TS with ViennaCL

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 29 08:07:34 CST 2014

Hi,

 >> Okay, I could reproduce this problem on my machine: A configuration
>> including
>>    --with-threadcomm --with-pthreadclasses --with-openmp
>> fails, while
>>    --with-threadcomm --with-pthreadclasses
>> works. Note that all runs are single-threaded, so it is only the
>> presence of -fopenmp which screws things up.
>
> What about using CFLAGS=-fopenmp ?

What do you mean exactly? CFLAGS for Mani's application code?

>  Control flow is different in a few
> places, so I would be concerned about that first.

There is only a little bit of code in
  src/sys/threadcomm/impls/openmp/tcopenmp.c
  src/sys/threadcomm/impls/openmp/tcopenmpimpl.h
in addition to the registration of OpenMP functionality in
  src/sys/threadcomm/interface/threadcommregi.c
I really don't see how this could affect the execution of GPU code if
the threadcomm-default 'nothread' is used.

Best regards,
Karli