[petsc-dev] configure failed after update of OSX

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 28 13:26:47 CST 2014

I'll have to check back my e-mail archive - but I think
'/opt/local/bin/gmake' is broken. Don't you have /usr/bin/make?

I thought petsc configure prefred /usr/bin/make - if it was found.

One more -ve for macports..

Satish

------

TEST configureMake from config.packages.make(/Users/markadams/Codes/petsc/config/BuildSystem/config/packages/make.py:61)
TESTING: configureMake from config.packages.make(config/BuildSystem/config/packages/make.py:61)
  Check for user specified make - or gmake, make
Checking for program /opt/local/bin/gmake...found
          Defined make macro "MAKE" to "/opt/local/bin/gmake"
gmake[2]: *** read jobs pipe: No such file or directory.  Stop.
gmake[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
gmake[2]: *** write jobserver: Broken pipe.  Stop.
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
gmake: INTERNAL: Exiting with 1 jobserver tokens available; should be 7!