[petsc-dev] Comp-comm overlap with DMPlex

Michael Lange michael.lange at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jan 15 07:16:00 CST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to implement a computation-communication overlap with
DMPlex, where local values that do not need to be sent are updated while
the DM/SF is broadcasting the ghost values (DMGlobalToLocal() or
PetscSFBcast(), I've tried both). The problem is that this only works if
I force the broadcast to end before the computation is performed, but it
fails if they actually overlap. In that case it seems that the updates
to the global Vec are ignored completely. Am I missing something here or
can somebody point me to a working example that does comp-comm overlap
with DMPlex?

Kind regards
Michael Lange