[petsc-dev] SNES ex19 not using GPU despite passing the options

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 14 03:34:27 CST 2014

Hi Mani,

the options are misspelled, you want to use
-dm_vec_type cusp -dm_mat_type aijcusp
(you can omit the 'mpi' to support both the MPI case and the sequential
case).

I also suggest doing all development in debug mode, in which case you
would have received the following hints:

WARNING! There are options you set that were not used!
WARNING! could be spelling mistake, etc!
Option left: name:-da_mat_type value: mpiaijcusp
Option left: name:-da_vec_type value: mpicusp
Option left: name:-dmmg_nlevels value: 1
Option left: name:-preload value: off

Best regards,
Karli