[petsc-dev] Cell overlap in DMPlexDistribute

Michael Lange michael.lange at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 21 08:56:48 CST 2014

Hi Matt,

Have you had a chance to think about the cell overlap problem? I'm
proposing to make the center dimension a general Plex attribute with the
current behaviour as the default. We can then generate the cell overlap
in DMPlexDistribute according to the center dimension using a utility
function for point adjacency, something like DMPlexGetAdjacentPoints(dm,
p).

I'm happy to provide a pull request for this change, just tell me if you
agree with this approach or if you see any problems.

Thanks and kind regards,

Michael